Monday, October 14, 2013

Learning design elements in photography

A chalk quote on the steps at the Toledo Botanical Gardens on Saturday. This photo is to show a perspective image with the element of light: shaded and sunny conditions. (PHO245 photos by Nicole Green)

A plethora of pumpkins bargain priced at Sadowski's Produce in Swanton, Ohio on Saturday. This shows the element on the rule of thirds.
   This week in photojournalism class I learned the different elements in an image while maintaining the foundations of design in a photo. In all pictures there are composition rules photographers must abide by such as a extreme perspective, quality of light, depth of field and rule of thirds to make a good quality photograph.
   There are also single elements to take into consideration while capturing an image. For instance: What is the point of entry demonstrated in a photo that draws the viewer to an image? What sense of place or setting is the photograph in? And, what type of mood does a photo convey to make an emotional impact on the view?
Photo taken at the Toledo Botanical Gardens.
   I tried different locations around the vicinity of Toledo to get a fresh perspective of potential photo shots, that I could take to show just what I learned in my photojournalism assignment.While one particular day had good weather, the other day was kind of cloudy. I had a lot of fun shooting on location. And, I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with my camera.
   Even though I haven't had my light bulb moment-yet- with this whole photojournalism niche, I recognize I can take unique pictures despite any negative drawbacks or bad weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment