Monday, September 30, 2013

Photography using camera cell phones

   When I first took Digital 1 Photography at Owens last semester, I knew nothing about operating a DSLR camera.
   Throughout the course I learned all about the basic fundamentals of photography and the camera. Now, I'm in a photojournalism class, and my first shooting assignment is cell phone photography.
   To get a good picture I always have to consider proper lighting. This is the most important element in photography, including cell phone cameras. Some cell phone, like mine, are not equipped with high resolution capabilities. Many of my photos are dark and grainy. I have to keep in mind that light is essential and should be utilized to make my pictures stand out.
First camera photo taken in lobby of F&PA Center. (PHO 245/Nicole Green)
   There are two types of light used in camera cell phones. The first is natural light known as daylight. I have to remember to incorporate natural sunlight in my photos to make my images feel authentic. The other is artificial light such as indoor florescent lighting, flashlights or other sources of light.  Both of these alternatives to using light are beneficial in cell phone photography. 
   Knowing what type of light to use in the appropriate settings is all part of the learning process on how to take a well lit photograph using a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment